We offer a mix of bookable and walk in appointments on Fridays between 3:00pm and 4:30pm. Please ring our Reception on 01242 507111 for any further information.
Contraceptive information and services including:
- implants, Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) and Intrauterine Systems (IUSs);
- Free condom distribution (to those under the age of 25 years) and registration of new scheme members as part of the Gloucestershire condom distribution scheme.
- Pregnancy testing and onward referral to Pregnancy Advisory Service.
- Referral for sterilisation.
- Asymptomatic STI screening (including: testing for HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, and Chlamydia (combined urine tests for Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia can be used in men).
- Treatment for asymptomatic STIs (excluding HIV and syphilis which must be referred to the Specialist Sexual Health Service; and hepatitis which must be referred to gastroenterology)
- STI testing and treatment of symptomatic but uncomplicated infections in men and women, with the exception of the following groups/symptoms which must be referred to the Specialist Sexual Health Service:
- pregnant women
- men who have sex with men
- men with dysuria and/or genital discharge
- symptoms at extra-genital sites, e.g. rectal or pharyngeal
- gentian /genital ulceration other than uncomplicated genital herpes.
- Partner notification for STIs and treatment of partners (or onward referral for partner notification).
- HIV testing – including appropriate pre-test discussion and results provision (Note: positive diagnosis of HIV must be referred immediately, by telephone, to the Specialist Sexual Health Service)
- Referral to the Specialist Sexual Health service for psychosexual problems which cannot be treated in primary care.
For further services not covered by our practice, please see the links below:
Hope House contact details
- Email address http://www.hopehouse.nhs.uk/
- contact number 0300 421 6500
Sexual Health Clinics anywhere in the country
Your General Practitioner’s (GP) surgery